Thursday, July 19, 2007

Another email from Grammie

We got this email from our grammie

Peanut:
Tell your mom that our local humane society ( Columbia Humane Society) is in financial difficulty. Check out their website for more info. That is where I got Clara, Foley and Dawson. They are a no kill shelter. They will be having a garage sale in September. Maybe your mom has some stuff up at Grandma Careen's house that she could donate to them. I will be cleaning out my house over the next two months getting rid of many things. I am making my life much more simple. Donations can also be made through Paypal.
I am off to make sweet potatoes treats now.
Love,
Grammie


Go and read this letter and then check out the newsletter. This shelter is the only no kill shelter in the area where my mom and dad grew up and Grammie and Pappy and Grandma Careen still live.
My mom is going to donate money and also once she gets home she is going to go through the stuff she has stashed in Grandma Careen's shop and donate a lot of it to the shelter garage sale. She says she hasn't seen it for the past 4 years, since that was the last time she was home, so she must not need it very badly. Then she says she will probably go buy stuff she doesn't need from the garage sale since we will be home for it.
We think it would be a tragedy if this shelter closes. If anyone can help please do. Without this place I wouldn't have my aunt Clara and uncles Dawson and Foley.

Oh and on a happier note mom says she is so eating at this place when she gets home. It is new since she was home last (at least she thinks it is since she's never heard of it before) and she wants the chili dog. Plus you have to support the businesses that support the humane society.

10 comments:

  1. Peanut:
    Thanks for blogging about the Humane Society. It's a great shelter and the people who work there really love the animals. We will for sure have to get a chili dog at Wayne's when everyone is home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a great shelter. I like the shelters that don't put down animals. My human was just visiting an animal shelter today that doesn't put down their animals, and she had a good time. But I'm mad at her for leaving me at home!
    Sparky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the shelter can get the help they need! Like you said, it would be so sad if they have to close it!
    I am drooling thinking about one of those hot dogs!
    Have a good night
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for all the doggies who are in shelters. Its so sad.

    Simba xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always good to give to those without homes as great as ours. We try to give as much as we can...just don't take our bully straps!

    Sweet Potato treats??? We'd like to hear more about these please!

    Sherman, Penny & Lola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa--My ma ape looked at a dog at that shelter! Fortunately (for me!) the dog was adopted before she could do it. And the dog's name? Was Peanut. Seriously. We're going to try to find a way to help.

    That chili dog places looks GREAT!

    wally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I donated just for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope that the garage sale will be a huge success. I think it's very nice of your grandma to think of them and help in providing them shelter.

    and how about those potato things huh?


    Wuffs!
    Toffee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its great to see people and pups get behind worthwhile causes such as these shelters. Not enough of them here in Tokyo!
    Your Grammie sounds like she is getting all ready for your visit. How's the blanket going?
    Licks
    Jazz and Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  10. G'day Peanut,

    Mum is home now - thanks for your good thoughts!

    xxx Asta down under

    PS: Good luck with the garage sale donations.

    ReplyDelete